Back and lower body pain is extremely troublesome for golfers, especially seniors hitting the course. Try these four exercises/stretches to improve flexibility before playing your next round.
Best Golf Exercises For Seniors
Seniors should focus on these areas when warming up before hitting the links:
Let’s check out some of the best stretches/exercises for these areas of the body below!
- Lie flat on your back to start.
- Next, bend both your knees while keeping your feet flat on the ground simultaneously.
- Do this while keeping your arms flat on the ground.
- Keep your feet shoulder width apart during this exercise.
- Your hands and shoulders should remain flat on the ground while you raise your hips.
- Your hips need to form a straight line from your head to your knees.
- Lower yourself back down to the ground, carefully.
- Try to repeat this motion 8-10 times.
- Begin by sitting up straight in a chair.
- Keep both feet flat on the floor at this time.
- Have your back straight while slowly raising one leg.
- Try to keep that leg horizontal with the floor.
- Hold the pose for 5 second increments.
- Now repeat the motion with the opposite leg.
- Do this stretch 8-10 times with each leg.
- Lie flat on your back for this stretch.
- Keep your feet planted on the ground and knees in the air.
- Now drop both of your knees to the left side.
- Try to hold the pose for at least 10 seconds.
- Return to your starting position, then repeat the motion to the opposite side.
- Stand straight up with both feet planted on the ground, firmly.
- Steady yourself against a door or other large object.
- Bend one leg and knee, holding it tight to your buttocks.
- Utilize the hand on that side to hold your leg in position.
- Hold the pose for at least 10 seconds at a time.
- You should feel your quad stretching while holding the pose.
Assisted Living At Vista Winds Located In Peoria, Arizona
If you are doing research about retirement communities in Peoria, Arizona, Vista Winds Retirement Home should definitely be on your list. Vista Winds offers retirement living at its finest. We have a rich calendar of activities, meals prepared by a Chef and caregivers on staff 24 hours a day for your health and safety. We offer award winning independent living, assisted living and memory care services. Come tour our community to see how we are a step above the rest and how easy it is to Make Yourself at Home! Vista Winds is surrounded by amazing views and our resort style property will be sure to impress!
More Articles About Retirement
- How To Find A Retirement Community In Peoria, Arizona
- Easy Crafts For Seniors With Dementia
- Top 8 Low Stress Jobs After Retirement
- Can I Retire At 60 With 500K
- 55 Funny And Inspirational Quotes About Aging
- Retiring In Arizona Pros And Cons
- Cost Of Independent Living 2021
- Cost Of Assisted Living In Arizona
- Independent Living Vs Assisted Living